When you have dental needs, you want to find a dentist near you. The sooner you get treatment after discovering the need, the less costly it will be. Most of your dental needs can be met by the average dentist in your neighborhood. They are the general dentist Massapequa.
A dentist can provide many dental services when they graduate from dental school and become licensed. Dentists, like medical doctors, are required to take continuing education courses to be informed of the latest updates and legal matters concerning the dental practice.
Some dentists continue their education after their initial graduation and go on to specialize. They can become periodontists, endodontists, etc.
Many dentists continue to expand their education so that they can provide new services as they become qualified to do so. This means that they can sometimes offer new services or use new equipment that they could not provide last year.
The Dental Services
About 80 percent of all dentists fall into the general dentist Massapequa category. They can provide many services, especially those that have been practicing for years. Sometimes dentists will unite with others in the same office to be able to provide an even wider range of services. The services of a general dentist often include:
- Filling cavities – Removes decay and fills with various materials to ensure the longevity of the tooth.
- Teeth cleaning – Removes plaque and tartar, spots problems, and polishes the teeth to look clean and whiter again.
- Oral cancer exam – Looks for and identifies possible signs of oral cancer by feeling neck for swollen lymph nodes and visible signs in the mouth.
- Dental sealants – Helps protect children’s teeth when they are most likely to develop cavities.
- Teeth whitening – Makes teeth look their whitest and brightest – possibly as much as six shades whiter.
- Cosmetic dentistry – Repairs or changes the look of your teeth and smile to make it look really beautiful.
- Dental crowns and caps – Repairs damaged or malformed teeth with a new look.
- Dental veneers – Porcelain covers to give your front teeth a new look, capable of hiding many problems.
- Invisalign – Clear plastic aligners are used to straighten your teeth invisibly; does the same thing as braces.
- Dentures and bridges – Replaces missing teeth.
- Root canals – Removes the infected pulp and nerve producing the painful tooth problem, enabling the tooth to be restored and useful.
- Dental implants – Replaces a missing tooth with a titanium screw in the jawbone and dental crown.
- Extractions – Removes damaged or unnecessary teeth.
- Oral appliances for sleep apnea – Oral appliances help to keep the air passageway open to prevent snoring and ensure sufficient oxygen levels.
Dental Services For The Whole Family
The above list reveals that all the members of your family can get treatment from the dentist’s office. Keeping your family’s teeth – and your own – looking good is important. When teeth have problems and are misaligned, cracked, chipped, or discolored, cosmetic dentistry can be applied to transform them to look great.
Regular Dental Appointments
Keeping regular appointments with the dentist’s office is important. It enables problems to be spotted early and treated before they become costly to repair.
You can find a general dentist Massapequa at Global Family Dental in Farmingdale, NY. We provide many treatments for the whole family to keep their teeth healthy and looking good. Contact us today for more information or to make an appointment.
1037 Fulton Street
Farmingdale, NY 11735