Making sure that your teeth and the teeth of your family are in good health is the job of a Farmingdale general dentist. Most dentists fit into this category and they will be the primary care dentist for the family.
A Farmingdale general dentist will vary in training and experience. After getting their dentist degree, many dentists will go on and get more training. Some may take only a course here and there as part of their required continuous learning, but others will be trained for a few more years, specializing in a particular aspect of dentistry.
A dentist that practices general dentistry is able to do many things in dental care. They often include:
- Preventive Dentistry – Helping to ensure that you and your children have your teeth protected is important. Dental problems are spotted early with regular checkups and special preventive measures can help protect your children’s teeth including fluoride treatments and dental sealants.
- Dental Cleaning– Regular dental cleanings help your teeth to look their best. Cleanings help prevent cavities and other problems such as gum disease. This procedure often includes scanning for oral cancer.
- Teeth Whitening– Having whiter teeth makes your smile standout. Getting it done at the dentist’s office will give you an even whiter smile.
- Fillings– When cavities develop in your teeth, the decay needs to be removed and a filling put in. Different types of fillings are available, including ones that are tooth-colored.
- Crowns– Dental crowns can be placed on your teeth to replace damaged, broken, or badly stained ones. A crown can be made of different materials, but ceramic crowns look the most natural.
- Cosmetic Dentistry– When you want your teeth to look better, you can get cosmetic dentistry that can give you a great smile. We provide dental veneers, bonding, and Invisalign services.
- Gum Disease– Disease of the gums is a constant threat to a healthy mouth, but dentists treat it often. They also give advice on how to prevent it and control it when present. In extreme cases, several treatment options are available including scaling and root planning, gum and bone grafts, laser treatment, and more.
- Pediatric Dentistry– We welcome all ages at our dentist office. Some of our dentists specialize in children and understand their unique needs – and fears.
Specialized Dental Services That May Be Offered
- Root Canals– When teeth are infected, knocked out, or badly decayed, a root canal may be used to save the tooth. Once completed, a crown will be placed on the tooth.
- Dental Implants– When you need teeth replacement, dental implants are the best way to go. They are used to replace one or more teeth and can anchor bridges, partials, and dentures.
- Extractions– Removing infected or damaged teeth can also be performed, and they may be replaced by a dental implant.
- Invisalign– Getting those beautiful straight teeth for your teen or for yourself can be done invisibly. The Invisalign system can give you straight teeth without anyone knowing it.
The friendly dentists at Global Family Dental can provide most dental services. The goal of our Farmingdale general dentist and other staff is to treat the whole family and keep your teeth and smile looking good for years to come.
1037 Fulton Street
Farmingdale NY 11735
(631) 977 – 7171