Taking good care of your teeth makes good financial sense. When you don’t, the high costs of dental repair can become almost astronomical and out of reach for most people. When it is realized that stopping a problem early could have saved you from paying many thousands of dollars, following the preventive program offered by many dentists makes a lot of sense.
How Insurance Works
Whether or not you have dental insurance, the insurance company believes strongly in preventive programs. Many dental policies provide free preventive activities such as checkups because they know that prevention is much cheaper than having to correct a problem that was ignored for a long time.
If the insurance companies see the value of it, so should you. Your dental costs can be greatly reduced when problems are caught early and treated.
The Preventive Program
When you and your family see a dentist and are interested in preventing dental problems, the dentist will help you in several ways. The services include:
- Regular dental checkups– the dentist will encourage you to make dental appointments every six months. This enables them to spot problems as they start and before they become serious. Any changes in your mouth or teeth can be seen early.
- Instruction in proper oral hygiene– all family members can be taught how to properly care for their teeth and gums. Brushing twice a day and flossing will be emphasized.
- Dental cleanings– these cleanings remove plaque and tartar from your teeth and gum line. Because most people tend to miss some areas when they brush, this step provides you with cleaner teeth and instructs you on areas where you need to brush better.
- Diet– the way you eat is closely related to the health of your teeth and gums. The best protection includes eating healthy foods and staying away from a diet high in sugar and carbs.
- Treatments for teeth– your children’s teeth can be protected from early cavities by adding fluoride and sealants. Fluoride helps to strengthen your teeth, and the sealants keep out the bacteria that cause cavities. Adults can get these treatments, too.
- Mouth guards– even if you are not aware of it, the dentist can tell if you clench or grind your teeth at night. To help protect your teeth, the dentist can provide you with night guards.
- Orthodontics– when teeth need to be straightened, or a bite corrected, the dentist may be able to provide you with these services.
Keeping your teeth looking beautiful helps you maintain a good level of self-confidence. With proper care and the regular help of the dentist, they can stay looking good for a long time – at less expense, too.
The dentists at Global Family Dental can provide your family with the preventive program they need to maintain healthy teeth and gums. Our friendly dentists want to help your family reduce costs and help them take good care of their teeth. Call us today with your questions about our program or to make an appointment.